Dark mode has become increasingly popular among users as it reduces eye strain and saves battery life on devices. Chrome, one of the most widely used browsers, has added dark mode as a feature for its users. In this article, we will guide you on how to turn on and off dark mode on Chrome and provide you with some tips on how to make the most of it.
How to Turn On Dark Mode on Chrome?
Step 1: Open Chrome browser on your computer. Step 2: Click on the three dots on the top-right corner of the screen. Step 3: Click on Settings from the dropdown menu. Step 4: Scroll down and click on Appearance. Step 5: Select Dark from the Theme options.
How to Turn Off Dark Mode on Chrome?
If you want to disable dark mode on Chrome, you can do so by following these steps:
Step 1: Open Chrome browser on your computer. Step 2: Click on the three dots on the top-right corner of the screen. Step 3: Click on Settings from the dropdown menu. Step 4: Scroll down and click on Appearance. Step 5: Select Default from the Theme options.
Benefits of Using Dark Mode on Chrome
There are many benefits of using dark mode on Chrome, including:
- Reduced eye strain: Dark mode reduces the amount of blue light emitted from the screen, which can cause eye strain and fatigue.
- Improved battery life: Using dark mode on devices with OLED or AMOLED screens can save battery life as the pixels are turned off when displaying black colors.
- Better for low-light environments: Dark mode is easier on the eyes in low-light environments as it reduces the contrast between the bright screen and dark surroundings.
Tips for Using Dark Mode on Chrome
Here are some tips to make the most of dark mode on Chrome:
- Customize your theme: Chrome allows you to customize the color of the background and text for dark mode. Go to Settings > Appearance > Customize Fonts and Colors to choose your preferred color scheme.
- Use extensions: There are many Chrome extensions that can enhance your dark mode experience. Some popular ones include Dark Reader, Night Eye, and Turn Off the Lights.
- Enable dark mode on websites: Many websites have their own dark mode options. You can enable this by going to Settings > Appearance > Force Dark Mode for Web Contents.
Q: Can I enable dark mode on Chrome on my mobile device? A: Yes, you can enable dark mode on Chrome on your mobile device by going to Settings > Themes and selecting Dark.
Q: Can I schedule dark mode on Chrome? A: Unfortunately, Chrome does not have a built-in scheduling feature for dark mode. However, you can use third-party apps like Dark Mode to schedule dark mode on your computer.
Dark mode on Chrome is a useful feature that can help reduce eye strain, save battery life, and make browsing easier in low-light environments. By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily turn on and off dark mode on Chrome and customize it to your liking. Don’t forget to make use of extensions and enable dark mode on websites for an even better browsing experience.