Yahoo Mail app can be installed on Android devices to allow users to stay connected with their Yahoo email account at all times. Yahoo Mail app is available for Android and iOS. It’s fast, reliable, and simple to use. Many Android users have problems accessing or operating their Yahoo Mail accounts on their devices. Follow these steps to resolve issues with Yahoo Mail on Android.
Steps to fix issues Using Yahoo mail on an Android Device
1. 1.) App Functionality Problem
Yahoo Mail App Crashing, Freezing or Slowly Responding
- You should ensure that your device has the most recent version of Yahoo Mail and the operating system.
- Clear your Android device’s cache and app data.
- Force stop and restart the application to refresh your memory.
- Remove and reinstall the app.
2. 2.) Sign in problems in Yahoo Mail App
Changes to the mobile number, or activating two-step verification can cause sign in problems. You can find solutions for both of these conditions below:
Changing Mobile Phone Number
These steps can be used to resolve sign in issues if your mobile number has been changed and you’re still using the same phone.
- Register for Yahoo Mail using your computer.
- Click on the Profile name in the upper-right corner.
- Next, click on Account information and then click on the Securitytab.
- Select Phone Numbers and click on the Add Recovery phone number.
- Enter your new phone number and click SMS Yahoo will send you an Account key.
- Enter the AccountKey into the field provided and then click Verify. This should resolve the sign-in issue.
Account Key Passwords and Account Key
After activating Two-Step verification and Account key features in your Yahoo Mail account you will need an app password to use Yahoo Mail app on Android or iOS. These steps will allow you to generate a password for your Android phone.
- Go to your profile name > account info > account security.
- Scroll down to the Account security tab and choose Create app password
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
4. 4.) Connectivity issues
If the problem is caused by poor or no internet connectivity, check your network connection. Check that the device is properly connected to the internet. You should also check the app permissions settings. This will ensure that Yahoo Mail app has received sufficient permission.
- Block email addresses
- View complete email headers
- Make vacation responses
- Send to a Contact List